Ncert English Class 7 Solutions Chivvy
Welcome to NCTB Solutions. Here with this post we are going to help 7th class students for the Solutions of NCERT Class 7 English text Book Chapter 4 Poem, Chivvy. Here students can easily find step by step solutions of all the questions in Chivvy. Also our Expert English Teacher’s solved all the problems with easily understandable language with proper guidance so that all the students can understand easily. Here in this post students will get chapter 4 solutions. Here all Question Answer are based on NCERT latest syllabus.
Chivvy Exercise question Solutions :
Working with the Poem :
(1) Discuss these questions in small groups before you answer them.
(i) When is a grown-up likely to say this? Don’t talk with your mouth full.
A grown up is likely to say this to the children when they are eating and their mouth is full of food.
(ii) When are you likely to be told this? Say thank you.
Grown-ups are likely to advised children to say thank you whenever someone offers any gift or any help to them.
(iii) When do you think an adult would say this? No one thinks you are funny.
An adult would say this to a kid when they feel very shy to do any activity or speak before others, especially whom the do not even know.
(2) The last two lines of the poem are not prohibitions or instructions. What is the adult now asking the child to do? Do you think the poet is suggesting that this is unreasonable? Why?
The last two lines of the poem are not prohibitions or instruction. In these lines the adult is now asking the kid to contemplate independently and take distinct decisions. Yes, the poet finds it completely unreasonable because children’s had always been taught to follow the instructions of the elders and even to obey this instructions. Adults do not let them to use their minds and take their individual decisions.
(3) Why do you think grown-ups say the kind of things mentioned in the poem? Is it important that they teach children good manners, and how to behave in public?
I think grown-ups say the kind of things mentioned in the poem because they want to teach them decent behaviour, good manners, to others. Yes, it is much important that the grown-ups teach them good manners and how to behave in public because these are the necessary things to be a good person. But sometimes their exceeding strict behaviour abducts their simplicity and innocence and drives them in a wrong way.
(4) If you had to make some rules for grown-ups to follow, what would you say? Make at least five such rules. Arrange the lines as in a poem.
If we had to make some rule for the adults to follow, these would be
- Don’t scream at the children too much.
- Don’t beat the kids.
- Give importance to the decisions and desires of kids.
- Avoid abusive language.
- Avoid mobile phone while eating.
More Solutions :
👉 The Shed
👉 A Homage to our Brave Soldiers
👉 Meadow Surprises