Ncert English Class 7 Solutions Three Questions
Welcome to NCTB Solutions. Here with this post we are going to help 7th class students for the Solutions of NCERT Class 7 English Book Chapter 1 Prose, Three Questions. Here students can easily find step by step solutions of all the questions in Three Questions. Also our Expert English Teacher’s solved all the problems with easily understandable language with proper guidance so that all the students can understand easily. Here in this post students will get chapter 1 solutions. Here all Question Answer are based on NCERT latest syllabus.
Three Questions Exercise question Solutions :
- Comprehension Check :
(1) Why did the king want to know answers to three questions?
The king was eager to know the answers to the three questions because of the thought that lurks in his mind that if he knew the answers of this three questions he would become a great successful ruler would never fail in life.
(2) Messengers were sent throughout the kingdom
(i) to fetch wise men.
(ii) to find answers to the questions.
(iii) to look for the wise hermit.
(iv) to announce a reward for those who could answer the questions.
The correct answer is option – (iv)
Messengers were sent throughout the kingdom To announce a reward for those who could answer the questions.
- Comprehension Check
Complete the following sentences by adding the appropriate parts of the sentences given in the box.
(1) Many wise men answered the king’s questions, but their answers were so varied that the king was not satisfied.
(2) Someone suggested that there should be a council of wise men to help the king act at the right time.
(3) Someone else suggested that the king should have a timetable and follow it strictly.
(4) The king requested the hermit to answer three questions.
(5) The king washed and dressed the bearded man’s wound, but the bleeding would not stop.
- Working with the Text :
Answer the following questions.
(1) Why was the king advised to go to magicians?
Some of the wise men told that there were many urgent things that could not wait for any decisions. So, to decide the correct time for doing any work one must examined the future and only magician were able to do such thing. For that reason, the king was advised to go to the magicians.
(2) In answer to the second question, whose advice did the people say would be important to the king?
In answer to the second question, some wise men said that the king should have some councilors to take advices. Others said that priests were the most important person to listen to. Some other men said that doctors should be important persons to the king and others said that the soldiers were the most necessary person to the king.
(3) What suggestions were made in answer to the third question?
The answer to the third questions was also varied. Some people suggested that science was the most important affair. While some other wise men believed that being a king his most important work was fighting. Though others said that religious worship should be the important business.
(4) Did the wise men win the reward? If not, why not?
No, none of the wise men win any reward from the king. Because all of them gave varied answers from each other for all the three questions. All these answers could not satisfied the king rather it had puzzled him more.
(5) How did the king and the hermit help the wounded man?
At first man’s clothing was removed by the king and the hermit. Then the king cleaned and washed the wounded place and clothed it with his handkerchief. Thereafter, the king kept at dressing the wound till the bleeding stopped entirely. The king also gave fresh water to drink to him. After that the wounded man was brought into the house by the kind king and the hermit. In this way the king helped him.
(6) – (i) Who was the bearded man?
The bearded man was the enemy of the king. He wanted to take revenge from the king who was the responsible of his brother’s demise and also peculated his entire property. The bearded man came here to kill the king and take back his property.
(6) – (ii) Why did he ask for the king’s forgiveness?
The bearded man asked for the king’s forgiveness because he realised his fault at the end. As he wanted to kill the king but the king rescued his life by taking care of his wound. He felt very thankful to the king.
(7) The king forgave the bearded man. What did he do to show his forgiveness?
The king was very happy and emerged his forgiveness to the man. He offered the man to send his doctors and servants to take care of him and also gave him assurance of give all his property back to him.
(8) What were the hermit’s answers to the three questions? Write each answer separately. Which answer do you like most, and why?
The hermit’s answers to the three questions were –
(1) The most important time is the present. Because only in the present movement we can do anything and we have the power to do accordingly.
(2) The most required person is one with whom we are at that certain moment, because the future is entirely unknown to us and the fact is unknown to us that whether we will meet someone in the future or not.
(3) The most necessary business is to be honest to other person and do good to them because we have been sent in this earth for this generous purpose.
I liked the third answer the most because if we help someone in their hard times, it will give us the satisfaction and mental peace. It also enhances our nature and makes us good.
- Speaking and Writing :
(1) Imagine you are the king. Narrate the incident of your meeting the hermit. Begin like this :
The wise men answered my questions, but I was not satisfied with their answers. One day I decided to go and meet the hermit…
The wise men answered my question, but I was not satisfied with their answers as these were varied from each other. One day I decided to go and meet the hermit, who was very renowned for his great erudition. He went to the hermit and saw that the hermit lived a very simple life in his small hut among the forest. He was digging the soil before his hut I saw that he breathed heavily while digging the ground as he was so old. Then when I asked him to answer to my three questions he did not paid any attention to my questions and kept on digging. I thought that he was so tired, so I offered him to help in his digging and with his thanks he hand over the spade to me. After that I started to dig the ground and after some time I asked these question to him again.
(2) Imagine you are the hermit. Write briefly the incident of your meeting the king. Begin like this:
One day I was digging in my garden. A man in ordinary clothes came to see me. I knew it was the king…
One day I was digging in my garden. A man in ordinary clothes came to see me. I knew it was the king but still. I did not reveal the fact that I knew his true identity. He told me that he had come to me to get the answer of his three questions. I greeted him obligingly and continued to dig. Seeing me very tired of digging the king told me that he wanted to help me in digging the ground, so I agreed and handed over my spade to him. But after sometime of digging he repeated his three questions again and still I paid no attention to him and asked him he can gave me the spade back if he was tired. But he denied and kept on digging. When the evening approached, it seemed he was ready to leave to leave my hut as I gave no response and showed no interest to his questions. Then I noticed that a wounded man approaching us in a very bad condition.
More Solutions :
👉 The Shed
👉 A Homage to our Brave Soldiers
👉 Meadow Surprises