Bangladesh Board Class 9 – 10 English Solution Chapter 9 Unconventional Jobs Exercises Question and Answer by Experienced Teacher. NCTB Class 9 – 10 English Solution Unit 9 Unconventional Jobs All Lessons – Lesson 1: Unconventional Jobs , Lesson 2: Weird Jobs Around, Lesson 3: Floral career,
NCTB Solution Class 9 – 10 Chapter 7 People who stand out
|NCTB Bangladesh Board|
9 – 10
Lesson 1: Jobs that people do
(1) What is the best thing that ever happened to this man?
Ans: Loosing his last job is the best thing that ever happened to this man.
(2) Why didn’t Kamal like his last job?
Ans: Kamal didn’t liked his last job because it was so boring as being stuck in an office all day with computers and telephone.
(3) What are advantages and disadvantages of his present job?
Ans: The advantages are – Spending time with trees and he see the moon from his nursery or walk through the trees in the soft moonlit night. He loves nature and just love working outside in the open air.
The disadvantage of his present job –
He cannot earn enough money in all seasons.
(4) When does he earn most money?
Ans: He earns enough much money during the winter and rainy season
Lesson 2: Weird Jobs Around
(1) ‘But have you ever thought of other types of jobs out there —?’ What does ‘other types of jobs’ mean here?
Ans: Picking up the chewing gums left on the park bench and constructing glass eye-balls are the other types of jobs which are the author means here.
(2) These are four particular weird jobs mentioned in Para one of the text. Which one of them seems to be most weird to you and why?
Ans: Picking up the chewing gum left on a park bench seems to be most weird to me. It is weird because it is so tough to find out. There is no scope of such kind of job in Bangladesh.
(3) Before going an unconventional and strange job the author has suggested several questions to decide on? Rearrange them beginning from the most important to you to the least. Add some more questions to the list that might be important to consider?
Ans: The rearranged questions are given below –
(i) What companies will recruit or hire me?
(ii) Can I make a living doing this?
(iii) What type of education or diploma will I need?
(iv) Where do I want to work?
(4) What are some other part time strange jobs mentioned in the text?
Ans: Writing memos and attending meetings, stuffing animals, acting like, Charlie Chaplin or make model cars, etc are the some other part time strange jobs mentioned in the text.
(5) What type of job is referred to buy the expression writing memos and attending boring meetings? Do you think the author’s observation on the particular job is justified? why/why not?
Ans: Journalism is reffered to by the expression writing memos and attending boring meetings. No, because it is not a boring job. It is an interesting job.
Lesson 3: Floral career
(1) How is the career of a florist?
Ans: A florist career a good choice as an unconventional job for many around the world.
(2) What qualities do you need to have to a florist’s job?
Ans: I need to have good taste, a good eye. For colours shapes and proportion.
(3) How do most florists learn the trade?
Ans: Most of the florists learnt the trade mainly farming job and also by attending formal floral schools and courses.
(4) What is the extra advantage of a florist’s job?
Ans: There are some extra advantages of a florist’s job. The florist belong to a fresh farm job. They work in flowers all day long in a pleasant and fragrant atmosphere with vivid colours around.
Here is your solution of NCTB Class 9 – 10 English Solution Unit 9 Unconventional Jobs All Lessons – Lesson 1: Unconventional Jobs , Lesson 2: Weird Jobs Around, Lesson 3: Floral career
I hope it will help you to solve your problems & I really appreciate you for being concerned with us.