Balbharati Class 8 General Science Solutions Disaster Management
Welcome to NCTB Solutions. Here with this post we are going to help 8th class students for the Solutions of Balbharati Class 8 General Science Book Chapter 9, Disaster Management. Here students can easily find step by step solutions of all the questions in Disaster Management. Also our Expert Science Teacher’s solved all the problems with easily understandable language with proper guidance so that all the students can understand easily. Here in this post students will get chapter 9 solutions. Here all the Question Answer are based on Balbharati latest syllabus. Here all the question and answer are based on Maharashtra State Board latest syllabus.
Disaster Management Exercise question Solutions :
Question no – (1)
(a) During Heavy rain water enters the cracks and fissures present in rocks increasing the weight and thus weakens the rock. These rocks then slide below to a lower ground creating landslide.
(b) Do’s :
- Get below the bed or any other furniture.
- If you are in a vehicle park It in a safe place and stay Inside it.
- Cover your head by your Hands and stay low.
- Switch off the main electric supply.
- If you are at home don’t run here and there.
- Don’t stand near a tall building, tree or electric pole.
- Avoid using lift in a building
- Don’t use candles, match or or lantern.
(c) The specifications of an earthquake building is that the foundation of the building should be separated from other land and the reinforced concrete structures should be present to withstand seismic forces.
(d) The effects of landslides are as follows :
- Landslides fill rivers and cause them to flood and change their path.
- Landslides fill the path they fall onto and cause heavy traffic
- Landslide takes away the plants life on it.
- Landslides causes financial loss on a large scale as all the tree, building and rocks falls on low lying area or cities.
(e) In a dam water penetrates through the earth surface where the water evaporates into steam due to tremendous heat, the steam then tries to escape from the surface causing movements in the earth and thus causing earthquakes.
Question no – (2)
(a) It is safer to find shelter under things like a bed, table at times of earthquakes because the table and bed are hard and sturdy objects that will protect you from the falling debris.
(b) In a monsoon don’t take shelter near hillside because during monsoon season the hillsides are prone to landslides.
(c) Don’t use lift at the time of earthquake because it might happen that the lift may get faulty due to the sudden movement and you may get stuck there.
(d) The foundation of Earthquake proof buildings are separated from the other land because reinforced concrete structures are present between the land and the foundation to absorb the seismic waves.
Question no – (3)
If a crowd gathers at one place during the time of earthquake, the relief team may face difficulties like caring for the actual victims, the Ambulance might have difficulty in driving through crowd, the crowd may bring chaos and havoc in the place.
Question no – (4)
The list of institutions and organizations that provide help during disasters are as follows :
- Red cross
Question no – (5)
There isn’t any possible place of landslide near me.
More Solutions :