NCTB Class 6 Home science Chapter 15 “Sewing Equipment and Various Stitches” Solution
Bangladesh Board Class 6 Home science Solution Chapter 15 “Sewing Equipment and Various Stitches” Exercises Question and Answer by Experienced Teacher.
NCTB Solution Class 6 Chapter 15 “Sewing Equipment and Various Stitches”
NCTB Bangladesh Board
“Sewing Equipment and Various Stitches”
Multiple choice questions:-
(1) which equipment is being used to take measurement of the body?
Answer:- (c) Measuring tape.
(2) Which stitch is used to sew the bottom part of the frock?
Answer:- (b) Hemline.
(3) Which stitch does Julia use?
(4) Julia uses different stitches while swing
Answer:- To make the dress attractive.
(1) (a) what is the function of pinking shears?
Answer:- Pinking shears are used to cut the edges after sensing is done.
(1) (b) What do ‘the equipment for drawing lines on the cloth’ men?
Answer:- There are some essential equipment for drawing the design of the dress and the draw the mark of measurement on the cloth, like (i) pencil (ii) tailoring chalk, carbon paper, different colour thread, easer for erasing the line etc.
(1) (c) Is the machine the right selection for sewing which Ruma is using?
Answer:- In my opinion, the sewing machine that chose for her work is never right. If you want to use a hand machine, you have to keep one hand always busy running the machine. Then it will be difficult to make or sew my clothes.
(1) (d) Due to the lack of the appropriate equipment Ruma can’t earn enough money. Write clearly.
Answer:- Yes, it is true that swing is being hampered due to lack of adequate supple of material. If she had a foot machine instead of a hand machine, sewing job would have been much easier and more perfect.
(2) (a) What is the function of Bodkin?
Answer:- Bodkin is used for unstitching.
(2) (b) What is the meaning of taking measurement of the wearer?
Answer:- To get the right size of clothing. We have to take the measurements of the person whose garment will be made must be required. That is the meaning of taking measurement of the wearer.
(c) Has Nirupoma used the right stitch while embroidering in the handkerchief? Explain.
Answer:- In my opinion the embroidery work that Nirupama did is not correct at all. If the embroidery was right, the cloth would never Shrink or create holes in the cloth.
(2) (b) What are the important matters not followed which spoilt the design while Nirpoma was embroidering in the handkerchief?
Answer:- The reasons behind Nirupoma embroidery work not being done proper were as follows.
(i) At the beginning of the sewing. The handkerchief had to be wrapped around the hemline.
(ii) The design on the handkerchief should have been used with frame.