Bangladesh Board Class 9 – 10 English Solution Chapter 3 Events and Festivals Exercises Question and Answer by Experienced Teacher. NCTB Class 9 – 10 English Solution Unit 3 Events and Festivals All Lessons – Lesson 1 Mothers Day, Lesson 2 May Day, Lesson 3 International Mother Language Day – 1, Lesson 4 International Mother Language Day – 2, Lesson 5 Independent Day, Lesson 6 Pahela Boisakh.
NCTB Solution Class 9 – 10 Chapter 3 Events and Festivals
|NCTB Bangladesh Board|
9 – 10
Events and Festivals
Lesson 1 Mothers Day
(C) Choose the correct answer:
(1) According to ancient Greek myths Rhea is the –
Answer: (a) Mother of gods.
(2) The name of Jesus Christ’s mother was –
Answer: (b) Mary.
(3) Julia Ward Howe was –
Answer: (d) American.
(4) Mother’s Day was first announced as a formal holiday in the USA in –
Answer: (d) 1914.
(5) In 1914 the American president was –
Answer: (d) Wilson.
(6) Which country doesn’t celebrate mother’s day on the 2nd Sunday of May?
Answer: (b) The UK.
(D) Listen to the text again and answer these questions.
(1) What country first observed mother’s day as a national holiday?
Answer: America first observed mother’s Day as a national holiday.
(2) When is mother’s day now celebrated by most of the countries in the world?
Answer: Mother’s Day is a celebrated 2nd Sunday on May by most of the countries in the world.
(3) How is mother’s day usually observed?
Answer: Mother’s day is usually observed with flowers, cards, candy, and dinners out.
(4) Why should we observe Mother’s Day?
Answer: We should observed mother’s Day to show respect and great love to our dear mother.
(E) Write a paragraph by answering each of the following questions:
(1) Do you help your mother her house work? How?
Answer: Yes, I help my mother with her house work. I love my mother more than anything in the world. Her smile is the most beautiful thing to me in my life. My mother also loves me very much. I am the eldest child of my mother. I am very obedient to her. I love to keep close contact to my mother. Sometimes whenever I am at home, I help my mother with her house hold works. I help my mother with her cooking. I wash and clean things as she tells me to do. Sometimes I go to shop buy things as she tells me to buy.
(2) Do you celebrate Mother’s day? If yes, when and how?
Answer: Every years I celebrate mother’s day on the 2nd Sunday, of May. To celebrate the day I prepare a bunch of flowers from collecting my gardens and offer it to her as a gift.
Lesson 2: May Day
(1) What does May Day refer to?
Answer: May Day refers to 1st may, 1886, when the workers laid down their lives to establish on 8 hours work day.
(2) How long did the workers have to work a day before the May I strike?
Answer: The workers have to work 14 hours or even more a day before the May i strike.
(3) Why did the workers in Chicago go on a strike?
Answer: The workers in Chicago went on a strike to established an eight hour work day.
(4) What do you learn from the events of May 1, 1886?
Answer: From the events of May 1, 1886, I learnt that workers will continue to be exploited until they stand up to gain their better working conditions better pay or better lives.
(C) Fill in the blanks with the verbs given in the box. Put them into their correct forms.
Add, arrive, begin, do, hear, live, send, support, tread, work